Sunday, July 5, 2009

Too much time on my hands...

I wish the words to this song was true. I've been busy with raising a family as naturally as can be. I've been gardening and we are now eating lettuce of all kinds! I've been contemplating going to a new detergent for laundry. I'm a little scared to try different ones as I have used the same one for 13 years and like how it works. I am wondering if it would help keep my son and everyone else a little less toxic?!?

We are still 100% Gaps at home and minimal away from home. We continue to see progress and love it. The little girls' eczema is continuing to clear up. I can feel where it was but they don't itch it and create little scabs all over. My oldest started a babysitting job two weeks ago and ate 1 1/2 meals with the kids and got ill feeling for two days. All processed food of course like boxed mac and cheese and some other foods ready made, just heat and serve. I didn't like it because does this mean we can only eat "pure" food forever. No, because she said homemade food make with similar ingredients doesn't make her sick just the boxed all together kind. Interesting!

I keep running into people with health problems. Mostly allergies. All I can say is BONE BROTH!!! It is an incredible healer. It is full of calcium and minerals and the good fat your body is asking for. So many people are afraid of fat today. The good fat won't make you fat! Olive oil, coconut oil, almond and other nut oils and butter will give you so many health benefits.

I was going to make the cabbage apple slaw but keep using the cabbage for other things. My son ended up with a swollen foot and it seemed like edema had settled in and cabbage, apple, celery juice helps with that so we've been juicing for him. It does the trick. He likes it too! So do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment