Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My favorite things...

These are a few of my favorite things....talking about this diet. I can rarely get into a conversation with anyone without it coming around to this diet. I have a passion for the good health we have and when other people tell me problems they are having with health I just want to tell them how to help it change. I don't believe this diet is the absolute answer for everyone. You can change your digestive health with other changes but I do believe most Americans are suffering problems needlessly. Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon is a great place to start (and end).

There was a manager type person bagging my groceries and he was commenting on the bananas to the kids, "Is your mom going to make banana bread with these?" (referring to the very ripe bananas we bought). I told him that those kind of bananas are what you should eat because they are more digestible than the yellow ones. He looked at me astonished in a way and commented he finds he gets a stomach ache when he eats the yellow bananas. This lead to more discussion and talk of the "diet" and he finds when he eats food in it's natural state without pre-made sauces he feels better. Bingo! Natural, whole, wholesome, home-grown, home-made. These words are added to foods to entice us to eat them. Let's enjoy them for truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment