Monday, June 1, 2009

Guilty...

OK, so we keep cheating on this diet. Last week it was graduations and this week a get together at friends. I have allowed the kids to have one item not on the allowed foods list and then they can't have seconds on it. I bring food that they can have as much as they want. I go back and forth as to what I should do. I know we have improved our digestion 100 percent but what if there is true healing that needs to be done. Going off the allowed list could prevent healing. Since we have one child with a serious problem because of a compromised immune system I am trying to prevent anymore problems with anyone else. I can get a bit paranoid and anxious about it. My hubby "cheats" all the time at work but does claim he feels so much better when he sticks to the diet 100 %. I have broke down twice and bought tortilla chips to eat with salsa. It gave me a stomach ache the first time but not the second.

Tonight, though for our anniversary we grilled Cornish game hens cut in half marinated with garlic powder, Celtic sea salt, and pepper. Yummy. I cooked carrots in butter and onions. Yummy, again. A small lettuce salad followed by a slice of watermelon. For dessert, the kids made rhubarb cake out of almond flour again. It was all very good and very filling. A baked potato would have been great with it and hubby said he felt like potato salad but in the end we were filled up and happy. I am praying about whether we will allow non-allowed foods anymore. Should we follow it for a year, 18 months or two years like the book recommends? I don't have that answer popping into my head right now. I do know we see results with the more ill child and with others in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment