Thursday, May 28, 2009

MmmmMeatloaf...

We made a delicious meatloaf last night that the kids are still raving about. They are actually begging me to please make it again tonight! Now, again, it's just meatloaf. We haven't had it for a long while. Usually meatloaf has bread in it and topped with a ketchup mixture. Bread and ketchup is out so we made up a recipe that we really liked.

I took about 4 pounds of hamburger, grated 2 large carrots, chopped half of a large onion, 5 eggs, about 1 1/2 TBSP cilantro, 1 1/2 TBSP parsley, a couple large pinches Celtic sea salt, minced 4 cloves garlic and mixed well. For the top I took 1 can Muir Glen (organic) tomato paste, added about 4 TBSP chopped tomato, added garlic powder, oregano, basil and a bit of salt and smoothed it on top of the meatloaf. I baked it at 375 for about an hour and watched them gobble it up. We served it with steamed cabbage and green beans with olive oil poured on it. The topping was good and the cilantro, parsley and garlic really added good flavor to the meatloaf.

It made two large loaf pans. I would personally have loved a large, baked potato with it but that is out for now. We continue to see good results from this diet. The little girls' legs are getting so smooth and my older girls' arms are still smooth. My oldest continues to be free of stomach aches. My son with health problems has grown since starting this diet! My husband loves the diet and wants us to continue on. He feels better and is very satisfied with the meals. I am so glad. I am missing toast with peanut butter and rhubarb jam, raisin bran and enchiladas with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment