Friday, May 15, 2009

Days 6-8

Detox reactions:
I haven't seen anything new with anyone. One child is still on edge and crabby but it's gotten less. One still doesn't have bumps on her arms! Oh, one child who is usually constipated wasn't today. Her bowel movement was pretty normal.

Diet observations:

#1 Tons of dishes. I am always washing up dishes from making yogurt, broth, cooking up a soup. Three pans for eggs and pancakes plus all the dishes from preparing the stuff. Now we are juicing twice a day so we wash that up. I made my hubby a raspberry kefir shake and had to wash up the blender. I made up food for the baby and had her things to do. I made up food for the son who is on a little bit different stage of the diet separately than us twice today so that made some extra dishes plus we milk goats twice a day and that is two different buckets. AHHHHH! I really don't like it!

#2 Hunger. I am usually hungry. I can give the kids a bowl of yogurt with honey and they are satisfied longer than me. I don't care for the yogurt so don't choose it too often. I make up quite a bit of food (it looks like it in the pan) and it feeds us all one helping. No seconds! We are used to having 2nds or 3rds sometimes. We find more things to snack on. Once we are done with the intro diet we'll be adding salads to our meals and snacking on raw fruit and nuts and veggies between meals.

Day 8

I stir fried garlic in oil, added some stir fry veggies that included snow peas, carrots, mushrooms and onion. I added chicken cooked in the slow cooker for about 3 1/2 hours and grated fresh ginger and it was delicious. The ginger added so much flavor that it didn't need salt. I am a huge salter of my food and I was so enamored of this that we had it for supper too. I took a picture but my card won't work on the computer. We had apples again for a bedtime snack. The kids beg for avocado during the day.

Day 7

We ate pretty much the same as yesterday. Soup for one meal, eggs and pancakes for breakfast and roast chicken this time for supper. We added steamed apples for a bedtime snack. Everyone really liked these.

Day 6

We roasted a couple roasts with carrots for supper and added olive oil poured over it today beginning stage 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment