Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Simple things...


OK, so having a hamburger and veggies isn't too thrilling but all my life I have looked for things that have lots of flavor. I loved the green Doritos with the burst of spiciness they gave. I love even more to dip them in baked beans (not homemade) because of the wonderful flavor. I love mayo, ketchup, honey mustard, salt, seasoning salt, sauces that have great flavor. Since changing around the way we eat, we don't use condiments (unless homemade and I haven't gotten around to that yet) and I have to find ways to eat my food that will give them some flavor or I will cheat big time on this. The first time I eat something outside the diet I will be lost forever I fear. So, today I fried up some hamburger and added onion to the pan. I boiled some Broccoli Normandy from Sam's Club. They added yellow carrots to the mix now. It makes it look nice. I salted and peppered the hamburger added the onions and sliced avocado on top. Perfect taste sensation! I added some olive oil to the veggies after cooking and salted lightly. Just the right combination to help me feel satisfied. I only have 5 kids home today and one is a baby so she didn't eat this but 2 of the other kids followed what I did and liked it. Change is good our doctor is always saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment