Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lemon Juice Cleanse...

Today is day 2 of the Lemon Juice Cleanse for me.  My daughter Emily tried to start with me yesterday but didn't like the lemonade mixture and wasn't drinking it so I won't let her continue since it is vital you drink the lemonade to succeed.  The last time I went on this cleanse I made it 20 days and felt great.   I've read about people going 30 days or even several months but because of feeding the kids I end up craving food too much.  My plan is go on the GAPS diet following the cleanse.  I plan to do the cleanse until the lemons run out (38 pounds of them) but I only say this is my plan.  I don't know what reality will be.  I'm already hoping I can just make it until tomorrow. 

My goal is to detox, lose some weight, balance my hormones and to feel good!  On day 2 I already have softer skin and have lost a bit of weight (about 8 pounds).  My belief in losing so much right away is that the food I'm eating was affecting me.  I was either having intolerance/allergy reactions to it or not digesting properly (same thing as intolerance probably).  It was causing me to feel bloated after meals. 

I  am mixing up filter water with fresh squeezed lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.  I use the mixture: 6 ounces lemon juice, 1/2 c. maple syrup, about 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (a bit less) and 6 cups water.  This morning I made half of this because it is best to drink it as fresh made as possible and the enzymes are fresh and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment