Monday, October 17, 2011

Starting GAPS diet...

So I made it 12 days on the lemon juice cleanse this time and yesterday I drank lemon juice and juiced some oranges for fresh orange juice.  Orange juice is supposed to get your digestive tract ready for food.  This morning I started with some more fresh made orange juice and had some chicken broth around 10:30 a.m. and now am having a cup of broth with cooked onions and carrots in it.  I thought having any kind of food would satisfy me after having only juice but I would rather have the tortilla with cheese, fresh cut tomatoes, onions, peppers and sour cream that the kids had, a bit more flavor for me.  I will keep it up this week anyway :)  I hope to keep adding foods every day or two until I am on the full GAPS diet in a week to two.  Prematurely, I took out a bag of chicken livers.  I looked up some recipes that sound good to try this week with them but I hope they don't go bad by the time I cook them up.  I do have a stomach ache right now but my stomach has to try to handle having food after so long.  It may take a couple days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment